Virotec’s suite of on-site treatment services can generate significant cost savings. On average our customers waste disposal costs have been reduced by between 30% and 50%.
After on-site treatment, the quantity of waste sent for disposal substantially reduces or even better-contaminated waste is treated or converted into a benign waste that can be reused on-site or accepted at any general waste disposal facility.
On-site treatment applies mainly to regulated waste, contaminated soil, and water.
Virotec remediates this contamination by either:
- using our mobile treatment plants (which are all licensed by DES to treat on-site) or
- using larger and more varied equipment on a fixed project basis
The applications for our treatment plants vary and include:
- soil mixing and dosing
- reagent dosing into water bodies at prescribed continual and varying rates
- spill control for contaminant takeaway so as to reduce spoil
- microbe control
- aerators for aerobic treatments
- drum handlers and cement mixers to bind soil
With larger and more varied applications, we use:
- pug, ball and rod mills
- specialized mixing equipment
- all types of screens including return screens
- filter presses of all sizes and types
- pumps and ancillaries – we can supply the power and piping
- mixing equipment; and
- any other specialized equipment