Australian Environmental Regulations are considered the highest in the world. In Australia, each state is responsible for its environmental legislation and regulations. Accordingly, separate approvals are required for operations in each state.
– Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (DEHP)
• Approval for regulated waste treatment (ERA 58)using Technology – Bauxsol™ (all wastes).
• A generic approval granted under the Environmental Protection Act 1994. This mobile licence permits
• Allows access to any contaminated site and commence activities / treatment without prior knowledge of the Environmental Department. This permit is a world first and at the time of approval was the only permit in the world for this usage. (mobile licence – treat on site).
• Approval for regulated waste transport (ERA 57).
• A generic approval granted under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
• Approval for regulated waste reprocessing (ERA 55) – Basecon™.
• A generic approval granted under the Environmental
• Protection Act 1994.
– Environmental Protection Agency (EPA NT)
No current legislation exists within the Norther Territory. Currently working with the government to mirror the Queensland approvals as listed above we currently hold:
• Approval for use of Technology to manufacture, transport and treat heavy metal contaminated water and solid waste.
NEW SOUTH WALES
– Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH)
• Approval for use of technology – Bauxsol™ reagents for land application and remediation.
• A generic approval granted under the Protection of the Environmental Operations (Waste) Regulation 2005.
• Immobilisation Approval for treatment of solid wastes containing heavy metals using Technology – Bauxsol™.
• A specific approval required on a case-by-case basis under the Assessment, Management and Classification of Liquid and Non-Liquid Wastes Guidelines 1997.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
– Environment and Planning Directorate
• Approval for use of Technology – Bauxsol™ to treat heavy metal contaminated water and solid waste.
• A specific approval required on a case-by-case basis under Environmental Protection Regulations 1997.
– Environmental Protection Agency (EPA Tasmania)
• Approval for use of Technology to treat heavy metal contaminated water and solid waste.
• A specific approval required on a case-by-case basis under Environmental Management and Pollution Control (Waste Management) Regulations 2000.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
In November 2004, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certified that our range of products are recognised industrial chemicals under the Toxic Substances Control Act (ToSCA). This certification allows for the manufacture, processing, transportation, application and disposal of technologies and associated reagents throughout the United States.
In October 2004, granted approval by the UK environmental regulator, The Environment Agency (EA), to use reagents in the United Kingdom without restriction, including for treatment of contaminated wastewater, contaminated soil, mine site remediation, and other environmental remediation and waste treatment projects. The certification also allows that reagents may be imported into the United Kingdom from abroad.
Due to the national organisational structure of the EA, regional Agencies also have jurisdiction over certain environmental projects, most notably contaminated site remediation. Further to the national approval cited above, also been granted approval by the EA to conduct several specific projects in the UK, including a contaminated soil remediation project in Kent, a contaminated industrial slag treatment project in Bristol, and a wastewater treatment project in the Lake District. In August 2007, also granted approval to implement projects in the UK by the National
Trust, an independent organisation with 3.4 million members, which protects and administers over 300 historic houses and gardens and 49 industrial monuments and mills. The National Trust is responsible for the maintenance of many forests, woods, fens, beaches, farmland, downs, moorland, islands, archaeological remains, castles, nature reserves and villages throughout the UK. Approvals in 2006 and 2007 for the application of
Our technologies from a number of regional water companies, responsible for providing drinking water and wastewater treatment for many millions of people throughout the UK, were also granted.
These include Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, and Wessex Water. In November 2005, Virotec’s reagents were tested and certified by the Water Research Council.
Australian Paper, Tasmania, Australia,
Treatment of mercury contaminated water.
Nyrstar, Tasmania, Australia
Treatment of mercury contaminated solid waste.
Norske Skog, Tasmania, Australia
Treatment and disposal of mercury contaminated solid waste.
Tas Paper, Burnie & Wesley Vale, Tasmania
Site remediation, demolition and treatment of mercury contamination
Zinifex, South Australia, Australia
Treatment of mercury contaminated filter cake.
Bluescope Steel, New South Wales, Australia
Removal of heavy metals from wastewater.
Britannia Refined Metals, London, United Kingdom
Heavy metal treatment in wastewater and solids.
Excellent Plating, Victoria, Australia
Treatment of wastewater to remove heavy metals.
Lane Xang Minerals, Sepon, Laos
Treatment of heavy metals contaminated acid mine drainage.
Portland Pine, Victoria, Australia
Treatment of contaminated sludge containing heavy metals.
ATMA Environmental, Victoria, Australia
Treatment of hydrocarbon contaminated soil.
CEC Constructions, Queensland, Australia
Hydrocarbon contaminated soil.
Fulton Hogan, Queensland, Australia
Treatment of hydrocarbon contaminated soil.
World leading technology developer and applied sciences company established in 1999 in Australia. Our mature, proven technologies are the only global technologies that change the physical characteristics of the worlds largest industrial waste through a patented process that transforms waste to a benign, safe and fully certificated product.
Our technologies are proven, sustainable and environmentally safe, a world first technology for the treatment of water, soils and sludge;
• Neutralizes acidity and binds up to 99.99% of heavy metals
• Removes heavy metals, cyanide, arsenic and phosphates and other species
• Environmentally safe residue – no toxic sludge
• Treats flowing or ponded water
• Treats solids, soils, waste rock and waste streams
Have extensive experience in site remediation, no matter how toxic or industrial it was – whether it be for sale, parkland or redevelopment. Our proven results are always contaminant free, delivered on time and on budget – guaranteed. Our technical suite of services include:
Site Remediation – others come to us when the problems get too hard. We re-use old buildings and our revegetation can turn a sewer into swings
We provide provide technical help and advice – the expertise of our key personnel exceeds over 200 years and we have spent more than $40 M on research and development
We provide on site treatment – we reduce waste volumes and convert them into a non-hazardous form, reducing waste disposal costs by up to 90% (35% is typical)